On Wed, Aug 12, 2009 at 11:07:07PM +1000, Microbit_Ubuntu wrote:
> I'm sorry but I disagree.
> The reader is stuck in an endless loop and never appears to even fully read
> the csd
> or tuples. I have tried with SPI and with MMC where I _was_ able to read the
> manufacturing details
> - manually - with my own firmware : it was February 2009 IIRC. It certainly
> was a brand new card, in relative terms.
> I think we're talking different problems here. In any case, I brought the
> cards back and got a refund,
> apparently many others had similar problems, even on consumer devices that
> *should* be able to use the
> SD card... (they were being sold to use in digital cameras)
>
> Perhaps this is an isolated issue with the Olin brand, dunno.

Wow that does sound like a bad card design then.  So far I have been
happy with a-data cards as well as kingston.  I have 2GB a-data uSD cards
in cell phones, GPS, and various other devices, and nothing has ever
had an issue with them, and they are very cheap, although not super fast.

--
Len Sorensen