Hi Philippe,

On 09/01/2009 05:59 PM, Philippe De Muyter wrote:
On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 08:22:37AM +0200, Alexander Stein wrote:
Hello,

Am Friday 14 August 2009 13:22:59 schrieb Philippe De Muyter:
After reading this :
http://rtg.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/docs/da-sa-txt/sa-steal.pdf

I don't feel anymore it is interesting.

I'm the author of this document and as far as I know, Freescale has merged
some of the change we made coresponding to my paper. But I don't have any

IIRC, systec's name comes in some files distributed with the M5484lite
develpoment board. but these are patches against linux-2.6.25 that do not
apply anymore to the current version of linux kernel, and I see no sign
of ongoing work to merge them into the current kernel.  Kurt Mahan sent
even some bad news from the freescale team.  There is also
the problem of the m68knommu/m68k merge :  all the coldfire ports are
currently in m68knommu, but the m547x/m548x port is in m68k, leading to
some code duplication.
hint about the current performance as we still use the old code base.
Nevertheless I would be interested about current performance values.

I prefer to work with mainstream kernel, so I don't think I'll test
the freescale port, sorry.

I'd be glad. though, to help pushing or push myself a M548x port (perhaps
MMU-less) to the current kernel.

I am certainly happy to push upstream any MMUless m68knommu patches
that support M548x.

Longer term I think we need to fully merge m68k and m68knommu
before we push any MMU ColdFire patches to mainline.

Regards
Greg