Hi Jamie,

Jamie Lokier wrote:
Lennart Sorensen wrote:
On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 10:11:27PM +1000, Greg Ungerer wrote:
Have I missed the right repo, or isn't there one?
That kernel is really just a compilation of lots of other trees
(mostly vendors trees), almost none of which are git trees.
Much of the change in there is probably not mainline ready in
any shape or form.

In terms of m68knommu support it generally tracks behind my
git kernel.org git tree.
Seems to me m68knommu in current Linus releases of 2.6 is actually
quite good.  Certainly works for me on mcf527[01].

Thanks everyone.  These answers are really helpful, because it's not
always easy to see if a large set of changes are critical ones that
are slow to be mainlined, or vendor branches that don't matter except
for those vendors.

I'm still recovering from the 2.4.x era, where -ucN patches were
needed to get anything useful done, and not mainlined.

I fetched the m68knommu git and compared it with mainline, and all the
architecture changes are mainlined already.  Glad to see that, and
it's not surprising it works well. :-)

I've found a few minor buglets in the latest uClinux-dist kernel, and
patch the simple ones as I go.  I use git myself to keep track of
local patches to the distributed trees.  What's the best way to feed
back those patches into uClinux-dist?

Post any patches directly to this list. You can CC me directly
if you want, though I will almost always see them here.

If they are appropriate for me to push up-stream I will apply
them to the m68knommu git, or if only relevant to uClinux-dist
I will push them there. Either way I will respond with what
I have done with it (which means if you see no response from
me then I dropped the ball :-)

Obvious fixes I usually take strait away. It it is more major
change I usually wait to see if anyone else here has any feed
back before applying somewhere.

Regards
Greg