Hi all,

Thanks for the comments, answering below:

Greg:
> The CONFIG_CPU32 designator is not correct for 68x328 parts, they
> do not have a CPU32 core. They are standard 68000 cores internally.

That's true! I thought they had a CPU32 core like the 68360 and all 683xx parts.
(And even if they had, the config would be wrong since CPU32 supports divul)

> Although there was no true 68000 part supported before the intention
> of the CONFIG_M68000 define was for that CPU - or any SoC type part that
> contained a true 68000 CPU core. And it would be good to keep that
> naming so it is consistent with the other 680x0 cores.

It makes a lot more sense now. I'll change the files and submit a new patch.

Geert:
> But the actual arch/m68k/platform/68000/ part is missing?

Yes, I'll send it in the next patch. I already have a fully working kernel
for my board, but since the 68000 doesn't have any on-chip peripherals the
config will be a lot 'board-dependent' I'm figuring out a way to
organize the files.
I could use some suggestions in here.
Should I use:
1) Single common files with "#ifdef CONFIG_<board>" conditionals
2) Common config in arch/m68k/platform/68000/ and board specific
   config in arch/m68k/platform/68000/<boardname>/
3) Other suggestion...

At the moment I'm using option 1) since I suspect there won't be many
boards using
the old 68000 (although I already have some guys asking for code).

> "CONFIG_M68XXX || CONFIG_COLDFIRE" makes me think "Isn't this always
> true?"...

Well, It is for non-mmu parts (or coldfire with mmu) but not for 68020 and up.

Brad:
> I believe this misrepresents the CPU32 feature set. According to the old
> paper copy I have of the Motorola CPU32 reference manual, the only
> unimplemented instructions relative to the 68020 are these:
>
> 1) Bit field instructions
> 2) Module call/return
> 3) RMW instructions (CAS/CAS2)
> 4) Coprocessor instructions
> 5) BCD instructions
>
> The 64 bit MUL and DIV variants are explicitly listed in the instruction set.
>
> The CPU32 is also missing some (but not all) of the addressing modes
> which were added with the 68020.
>
> I haven't worked with any of these chips in a long time, but the CPU32
> is quite a bit newer and more complicated than a 68000 or 68010. I
> did a project based on a 68332 about 15 years ago and still have all
> the printed reference manuals for that particular chip.

Thanks for the detailed description.
Just like I answered to Greg, I didn't have a clear view of the differences.

Please ignore this patch. I'll make the changes according to what was
discussed in here and submit a new one.

Thanks,
Luis Alves