Hi,

I recently installed UDMSearch on a P166/64MB machine running RedHat 6.2
to use for our internal support department to index all of our old case
notes, manuals, and the mail from our user's mailing list. The whole lot
comes to about 100,000 HTML documents.

Initially I indexed 50,000 documents and was getting response times of
around 45 seconds on a four word search which I thought was a bit slow
so I downloaded 3.1.7 and set it up to index all 100,000 documents in
cache mode.

After running splitter I tried doing some searches and it was very fast
but several searches returned no results when I know for a fact that
they should have returned over 1,000 results. Other searches, however,
found 90,000 instances of a word which is about right.

Why is UDMSearch finding some words but not others?

Also, I noticed that when using the Search Through list to restrict the
search, it is much slower, why is this?

Have I done something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help that you are able to offer,

Joe