I tend to agree.  With most machines nowadays, the ease of
development, debugging and extensibility of scripting languages
outweighs performance benefits (if any) of compiled languages for
most applications.  Perl (and Python also?) is already bundled with
BeleniX, right?  Python code can also be compiled into bytecode and
cached on the LiveCD, if required.

Venky.