On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 10:02 AM, gopi krishnan <www.gopi.com at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
> ? ?Previously I requested solutions for some of my problem with opensolaris.
> ? ?got advice to use beleniX instead of opensloaris. I don't have internet
> ? ?connection at my home. can I get the media from any Linux user group
> ? ?chennai?
> ? ?my system[?]
> ? ?2277 MHz P4 Processor
> ? ?Mercury Pi845 Board
> ? ?512 MB RAM
> ? ?256 MB nVidia graphics card[?]. [bcoz of dis i could not able to try most
> of
> ? ?Linux distros ]. If I remove this my total system performance goes down
> ? ?Does belenix support this configuration some of my friends said
> opensolaris
> ? ?need minimum of [?]1GB RAM.
> ? ?thanks&regards

   BeleniX will work with 512MB RAM if you use the Xfce destop manager
   instead of GNOME or KDE. The best way to figure whether your hardware
   is supported is to boot the LiveCD into Xfce desktop.

   I don't think anyone in ChennaiLUG will have the BeleniX LiveCD handy.
   You need to get it from one OpenSolaris UG and I do not see an OSUG
   in Chennai. BeleniX is a distribution of OpenSolaris built from source
   and packaged differently from the standard OpenSolaris distro from SUN.

   Are you coming down to Bangalore any time ?

Regards,
Moinak.
--
http://www.belenix.org/