On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 12:08 PM, gopi krishnan <www.gopi.com at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Currently openSUSE11.0 is working fine with GNOME, KDE 4.0. Why only Belinix
> will have this trouble?

The trouble that you will face will be related to multiple apps
running simultaneously and contending with each other for system RAM.
Swapping will result. This is why even though I have a 1 GB RAM
system, I run XFCE on Belenix.

> It's perfomence was great with xfce.
> But I still like to use Belenix/opensolaris for it's ZFS and
> time?slider?feature.

TimeSlider is available with the opensolaris distribution at present.
Belenix does not yet have TimeSlider.

Belenix is perfectly usable as a system though. I've been using it as
my fulltime desktop since Deccember 2008, and haven't had to
reconsider my decision ever since then.

> thanks&regards,
> gopi krishnan s

-- Sriram