Hi Sanjeev,

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Sanjeev Bagewadi <Sanjeev.Bagewadi at sun.com>
wrote:

> Manish,
>
> The slowness could be because ZFS cache has hogged up the memory.
> You can limit the cache size to 1GB by setting the value of zfs_arc_max.
> I don't remember the exact variable.
>
> Search for "limiting zfs arc" on the zfs-discuss alias and you should be
> able to get the details.

Thanks a lot! I will do this.

> This is problem in your case because, the zfs cache would have grown
> during the build. Now when you login
> the JDS binaries which sit on UFS need to be loaded and that needs to
> throw out what ZFS cached. This is right now
> is not very smooth and hence you could be seeing the sluggishness....

Should I just use UFS for the entire hard disk for the time being?
I know ZFS root post-install is possible. It seemed a little tricky for me.

> The NWAM dropping the line possibly means the signal seems to be
> dropping at times...
> I use it at home for days without any issue (infact I am punched in to
> office network for over a day).

My office laptop ( which is an HP plugged into the same wireless network at
my home, runs XP ) did not disconnect the entire night. My personal laptop (
which runs SXDE ) had around 50+ disconnections over a period of 12 hours.

And Ubuntu, which runs on the same laptop on the same wireless network,
never disconnects as well.
It could either be
 - the driver wpi0
 - flaky nwam ( which i think is the culprit )