>>  Yes. The compilation might be slower, but this option was for desktop
>>  usability - Limiting the CPU shares available for compilation.
>>  You can't have your cake and eat it too ;-)
>>

> If I have a cake, I would like to eat it :)
> And in this context, zones along with resource controls is supposed to
> solve this very problem. No?

Maybe I don't understand the problem here. Can you phrase it ?

What resource controls offer is "Mechanism". What you can build on top
of it is "Policy".
If you want resource controls to limit resource consumption by builds -
you can do so.
If you want resource controls to murder JDS at the expense of builds -
you can do that too.

Ananth