On 11/27/07, Sivasubramanian Muthusamy <isolatedn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Anil Culecha,
>
> I am trying to mount the USB on the machine with Solaris 10 11/06,
> where the USB is mounted on /rmdisk.  If it will help using the mount
> command can you please type out the exact command, word by word, and
> instruct me as to how this problem can be overcome?

The USB is usually automounted.

To test the command... open a terminal (right click on desktop.. open terminal)

type 'su' and enter
enter root password and enter.
You will now get a '#' prompt..
Do the above only if you're not already logged in as root

Now type 'mount' & enter... look at the o/p
Plug in the USB and wait for a few seconds
Type 'mount' and enter again.. do you see a new entry in the output

Anil