[Some snipped]

> - another surprising thing was that there was no man pages.... i guess
> its cuz of licencing issues that its not yet available... do you have
> any updates on the same?

True. It is because of the licensing issues. Sorry, dont have any more
information on that.

> -how do i mount a fat32 partition ????? a search on google gave me the
> command
> mount -F pcfs /dev/dsk/c0d0p0 /winc
> but i got an error message about not able to find the filesystem type..

pcfs is the module that supports FAT. The way you specify the device to
be mounted is as follows :

To mount a primary partition :
mount -F pcfs /dev/dsk/c1d0pN <mount point>
where, N is 1,2,3 or 4 depending on the *primary partition* on which you
have the FAT. p0 denotes the entire disk. It can never be a device node
for a partition, and hence the error.

To mount extended partitions,
mount -F pcfs /dev/dsk/c1d0p0:N <mount point>
where N is d,e,f,g,... depending on the nth logical drive on the
extended partition on which you have FAT.

> checking in the /etc directory, i found that only ufs, zfs, hpfs have
> the mount programs but none for fat{16,32}  ... nor for ntfs, ext2,
> reiser or bsd ufs2!!

NTFS - No, we dont have a module yet.
ext2 - We do have one, but it hangs off the web and no promises on that.
Try it out : http://paulf.free.fr/software.html
ReiserFS - No, we dont.

Does that suggest anything ? Please visit :
http://www.genunix.org/wiki/index.php/Writing_Filesystems

> the only workaround solution was to burn a cd everytime i wanted to
> transfer files to belenix... is there an easier way to do this ????

I hope not anymore :-)

Pavan