Hi all:

I'm typing this mail on FireFox/Belenix 0.4.2 that's running fine on
my Dell Latitude D610. I've spent the good part of the past four hours
using all the GUI tools in XFCE. The fact that it's about 1:30 am
should attest the fact that I really like Belenix.

I've been setting up Gentoo based systems for the past few weeks, and
I like my experience with Belenix Live. I haven't installed it yet,
but I'm sure it should sit happily on the primary partition that I've
managed to create on my laptop.

In a few weeks time, I hope to move over to Belenix completely. There
are a few things that I require which Belenix doesn't have. I intend
to work on various open source projects to make sure Belenix has these
things

Here's what I'd personally want to see before I make the switch
1. Integrated Wine.
http://sarovar.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=545&group_id=360&atid=1497
I need it to run Lotus Notes 6.5.2

2. The latest Open Office should run.
I don't mind downloading this myself.

4. GUI Tools/Utilities for
- Managing and mounting filesystems
- Configuring security (e.g. something like iptables if it exists for Solaris)
- Managing Samba to share files
- Package Management
- Configuring Wine
- Managing Subversion repositories
I don't mind using Ruby/Fox to write such tools if they're not already
present, or if they cannot be ported from implementations on other
platforms.
While I'm comfortable with the command line too, I'd like to have GUI
tools ready for colleagues to use.

5. Eclipse GTK (or Eclipse SWTFOX if it is ready earlier) should run
without problems.
As a Java developer and eclipse enthusiast, I'd love to work on this.

But before all of this, I need to install Belenix 0.4.2 onto my
laptop. And this requires some reading at first ;)

-- Sriram