In a message dated 1/22/2003 5:40:29 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

----- Original Message -----
From: "jonah kasangwawo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 22, 2003 12:05 PM
Subject: Re: ugnet_: Join Security Organs, Katikkiro Tells Youth

Matek,

sometimes your reasoning is so myopic that you wouldn't even win an LC1
election in Koch Goma. You always talk about 'Ebyaffe' without even
understanding what it is all about.

Let me put it to you that 'Ebyaffe' is protected by the constitution. And,
if necessary, who would protect the constitution from being overthrown by
greedy politicians like your hero in Lusaka ? Yes, you got it right - the
armed forces. Logic would follow that, therefore, the armed forces would
indirectly protect 'Ebyaffe'. Do you now understand why the Katikkiro would
call on Baana ba Kintu to join the forces ? He didn't even say that this was
the sole reason.

Secondly, the Katikkiro is Katikkiro of Buganda and not of Acholi, Bunyoro,
Teso, et cetera. It is, therefore, not in his sphere of competence to go and
tell the Acholi, Bakiga, Japs or whatever, to join the forces. On the other
hand, if the Acholi have any 'Ebyaffe' to protect, I don't see anything
wrong with their chief telling them to join the forces, for they would be
protecting it through their defence of the constitution.

Kasangwawo

My friend Kasagwawo,  based on your logic( and taking into account your so called constitition)  an appropriate  statement  from the katiro,  would  have been something like :"   I called Upon the Buganda Youth to join the army to defend the constitition of Uganda  PERIOD!"

NOT  I call  upon the Banabakintu to join the army  to defend  the " Ebbyaffee." see the point my friend?

Secondly,  you state quote"sometimes your reasoning is so myopic that you wouldn't even win an LC1 election in Koch Goma." That is your opinion.

An opinion is like an A@#! everybody has one! ..and who are you that I may or rather I should  value your opnion?

Finally you are pretty  much  ASSUMING that I KNow nothing about your Ebyafee!. One thing in the Game of politics is NEVER EVER ASSUME!!

Matek