Kasangwawo

From: "J Ssemakula" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],[EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ugnet_: Buganda; part of the problem or solution?
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 20:19:29 +0000

<< message3.txt >>

Gook,

In addition to my comments of yesterday with regards to Mr. "Mulindwa" 's namby-pamby argument in defence of Mr. Muniini, I'd like to add the following:

1. If it were true that children might be afraid of Luganda speaking soldiers how does change the equation?

I do not see how one can conclude that everyone who has a Kiganda-sounding name or can speak some sort of Luganda is a Muganda any more than one can conclude that everyone who speaks the Queen's English a de facto Englishman.

2. Granted that the Nnaabagereka is relatively a recent entrant on the national scene. However this only re-inforces my argument that the Baganda, in particular, care deeply about the suffering of our Northern compatriots: in that brief time on the national scene the Nnaabagereka has chosen to add Her voice to those advocating for peace.

3. Let us suppose that it is true that the Kabaka's funds are derived from Rwakitura. It is all the more remarkable that inspite of this, the Kabaka of Buganda is still sensitive to the pain  of our Northern brethren.

And by the way, we the Baganda, are perfectly capable of supporting our Kabaka, thank you very much. Our history of, at least, five hundured (500) years is proof enough of that.

4. Speaking of ethnic groups, could you kindly tell us when and what the Banyakigezi (Mr. Muniini being a Munyakigezi) have done or said about this tragic war in Northern Uganda?

Ssemakula

[EMAIL PROTECTED]