Kasangwawo

Absolutely. Look here if a Toro resident knows that it is wrong to kill a
fellow Toro and a Muganda knows that it is wrong to kill a Muganda fellow
there is no reason why Federalism can not work in Uganda, or even why
uniterism can work. The problem we have is that we do not have a ground work
at all done in our country, and we think that by burying those very
fundamental issues we can build a better system. No it can not work. And it
is not only you who think so for let me quote for you, for Rehema asks "Why
is the whole rest of Uganda at war??" Now one can take that question to mean
that we have wars in Uganda for we have a unitary system, but if my history
remembers well Buganda attacked Bunyoro and many Banyoro were murdered by
Baganda, was that due to Uniterism?

All I am saying is that any nation to change from unitary to federal system,
you must have several units which are different, and Uganda fits that class.
Those units must have an administration system with in them selves, they
must be law abiding citizens, Uganda units are not. Those units must sit
together and put what they have on the table for discussion. They must
decide on what they are willing to combine and what they are willing to keep
separate, we have here a case now of Walkerton Ontario Police department, it
amalgamated with a neighbour Police station, today they are separating, for
it is not working out. But they know what they each brought on the table.
Kasangwawo, what is Buganda bringing on the table? What is Gulu bringing on
the table? What is karimoja bringing on the table? But they must as well
address what they will lose in this federation, can you list for me what
they will lose as well? And what are they keeping or leaving un touched?
Please list all those things then we will know that this is not a
manipulation of non thinkers who take every single Uganda suggestion serious
with out looking into it, for the federalism you are talking about is so
hollow that it amazes me why even people bother to burn time with it.

Now after you get all the answers to the above paragraph, then you use those
answers to compile a final document, that is the document you can send to
Uganda government to ask Parliament to consider whether it is even phyisible
to change Uganda from a unitary system to a federal system. But Ugandans did
not do that, they got a Buganda katikiro, a Movementist and sent him to the
Government, a Movementist government, and Wala the uncritical thinkers
followed for they are accompanying the Katikiro to go and ask for
federalism. How uncritical thinkers are you Ugandans? The delegation which
goes to ask for federalism must be chosen by the units wishing to unite, not
Mengo. The document being sent to Uganda government must be studied
understood and accepted by all delegates from all parts of Uganda, we do not
leave half of Uganda in refugee camps and we go to ask for federalism.

It is wrong and that is why it is so laughable to those of us who have
stayed in federal countries and who have seen how Natives are trying to get
their own government. Oh by the way they are negotiating with Ottawa not
with the Queen. If they reach an agreement with Ottawa, then the Queen will
be involved. Do not put the cart in front of a horse.