My dear friend if a father tells his/her child (the first time) to put his/her hand in a fire and asures him/her that it is safe and the child obediently obliges and gets burnt. Now what do you think will happen if the father came back a second time and told the same child to put his/her hand in fire?. Try it with your child and get back to me with your results. I don't think many Baganda will stand by and be led to the gallows again by anyone.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ugnet_: Re: [FedsNet] UPC on Federalism
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 17:45:51 EST

In a message dated 2/22/2004 2:52:59 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
That apart, trust me Matek, not many Baganda will folow the Kabaka back to
Obote's UPC, should the Kabaka take that route. He will basically be on his
own on that one
So, why even have a kabaka at all? I do not follow your reasoning. if the
kabaka makes a decision and his subjects will not follow then it means he is
irrelevant to the political decision in the country. Haven't we been this route
before?

Oracha