Yes of course.  I'm a Tanzanian living in the U.S.  Besides being East African
and I am also connected to Uganda because I work with Amnesty International USA
on their work with Uganda.

Well, the Kenyans are upset because when Kikwete met with Bush in Washington,
DC the issue of corruption in Kenya came up.  So the Kenyans have been trying
to figure out why Bush would talk to the Tanzanians about corruption in Kenya.
Myself I don't understand how the details of the discussion were released to
the press, but either way, the Kenyans were pissed.

Msia

Matek Opoko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ugandanet@kym.net, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:    RE: Re: [Ugnet] Fwd: Tanzanian President Visits Los Angeles
Ssasa Wewe  diyo nani?  Not that I am oppossed to your posting on Ugandanet,
..I only think it would appropriate and a courtesy to members ( Both Ugandans ,
diasporans and members of the International Commuinty) to start with a brief
inroduction ? You simply jump in and you start ,as Ugandans would say, roaring..

By the way what is this problem TZ is expriencing with the Kenyan Brothers?
could it be that the Kenyans know something by the Washahili  that we do not
Know?

Peace..sis ..and you are welcome to our "watering hole" also known  Ugandanet!.

Matek

Msia Kibona Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Vukoni,

I must speak up for the Tanzanians. We're already in trouble with the Kenyans.
We don't also need problems with the Ugandans.

What you say about Obote is true. That was a mistake on our part. But don't
forget my brother, we also helped you get rid of Idi Amin.

As for Museveni, what you say is also true. Many Tanzanians (& Kenyans) feel
Museveni wants to be the King of East Africa. Is it not true?? And I have it
from a good source that the EAC is how Museveni is planning to acheive his
status. I can't comment on how Kikwete feels but Tanzanians were not happy when
Museveni changed the constitution. These are all sources of our distrust.

Please don't exile me from the list. I must represent the TZ view from time to
time.

Msia