On 11/14/06, Thilo Goetz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm sort of thinking along the same lines.  I would not have thought of
using Jira like this -- which is not to say that this is wrong in any
way, it's just not what I understood by an issue tracking system.  To my
mind, things go into Jira if it's either a bug, or some new feature that
has previously been discussed on uima-dev.

I think that a "feature request" in JIRA could be opened by a user who
wants that feature.  It doesn't need to have been discussed on
uima-dev.

I think I basically agree with Marshall that we can use JIRA to keep
track of any kind of issue that we think needs to be addressed, even
if there's no consensus on how it should be addressed at the time.
(Even for a bug, there might not be a consensus on how to fix it.)

-Adam