On 12/8/06, Lev Kozakov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 1) When PearInstaller launches the JVM for CVD, it will set its
> classpath to the contents of the java.class.path system property of
> the PearInstaller's own JVM.  Thus CVD will run with the same
> classpath as PearInstaller.  Since CVD is in the same jar as
> PearInstaller and both depend on uima-core.jar, this should work.  (I
> don't think we need to support cases where a user has pulled apart our
> jar files.)

This will work, of course, but requires significant modifications in the
code :)

It only took me a few minutes to do.  I've committed the changes.  It
seems to work, though maybe you'll tell me I missed something.

uima.datapath is used by Gladis to search for sample text files. This is
just a 'convenience' feature for users who want to test their installed
PEARs with sample UIMA documents, and we can easily drop it.

I cannot find this feature in the CVD.  Maybe it has been removed?
Anyway things seem to now be working fine now without passing
uima.home or uima.datapath to CVD.

We would prefer to avoid modifying the old PEAR Installer code and rather
wait for the future RCP application, unless it's  absolutely necessary for
this SDK release.

I agree we shouldn't be doing any significant enhancements to PEAR
Installer, but these don't seem that significant.

-Adam