Adam Lally wrote:
On 7/26/07, Michael Baessler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
So should be add the source jars to the source release?

I don't think that is the normal Apache thing to do.  On
http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html it defines
source release as "a simple export from the repository."  I think
putting derived artifacts in the source distribution should probably
be avoided at least for the most part.

We could consider having a third distribution which is like the binary
distribution but also has source in the jar files.  But OTOH there's a
nice simplicity to having just two distributions - binary and source -
to build, test, vote on, and post on our website for download.

Do I get this right that this is mostly about making the javadocs
available in Eclipse?  Even people who don't want the source code
might want that, so I think it would be nicer to find a different way
to enable that.

A thought: is it possible to have our Eclipse plugins define a "New
UIMA Project" wizard that automatically creates a new project with all
the right jar and javadoc references?
+1 good idea; any volunteers? -Marshall