Adam Lally wrote:
Actually I was thinking of something perhaps even easier for the user.
 What I meant was that the script would automatically add the source
files directly into the jar files in the UIMA binary distribution.  So
no action would be necessary at all in Eclipse.

(To locate the binary distribution the script needs the UIMA_HOME
environment variable or could fall back on assuming that the source
dist. was instlled in the "src" subdirectory of the binary dist.)

I took a crack at implementing these scripts and have committed them
to SVN.  I put them in uimaj-distr/src/main/readme_src because this
directory contains files that are copied to the root directory of the
source distribution.  Perhaps that directory should be renamed though.
 I updated the README file (also in readme_src) to explain what the
scripts do.

Let me know what you think.
So - the user needs to download the source distribution, unzip it somewhere, and then run this script.

Sounds good to me - thanks for doing this!

Some minor points:

Since this will overwrite his lib jars in the UIMA_HOME distr, it would be good to give a message, followed by an "OK / Cancel" - saying where UIMA_HOME is pointing to, etc. Also - the resources need to be included in the jars (they have the message bundles, etc.).
Maybe just modify the jar command from:

jar -uvf %UIMA_HOME%\lib\uima-tools.jar *                          to
jar -uvf %UIMA_HOME%\lib\uima-tools.jar * ../resources/*

-Marshall
-Adam