Thilo Goetz wrote:
Adam Lally wrote:
-1 to this change.  What exactly is the concern here?
My main concern is what I originally said: "Don't some companies have
issues with their people downloading source code?"

Does that concern a large corporation that some of us work
for, or is this a known concern for other companies, too?
I asked Ken Coar, one of our mentors, and he said he recalled this being a problem for some companies. He mentioned "government" customers.
Source code?  We're an open source project, after all.
Well we do have a source release.  What is the concern that led to
bundling the source in the binary distribution?  That people shouldn't
have to do two separate downloads?

Our source distribution is a pain to work with.  The source zip has
everything conveniently bundled, all you need to do is associate it
with the UIMA jars in Eclipse, and you can debug through the source
code.  To do this with our source distribution, you need to manually
zip/associate the source code from the various projects.

We could have three separate releases - binary, source, and both.  Not
my preference, but preferable to not having a binary-only release at
all.

 -Adam