Maybe we can use another version of eclipse as dependency.

I think this is definitely worth investigating.  It's quite possible
that later version of Eclipse jar uploading to the central maven repo
have found a way around this.
We could update to eclipse 3.4.
I also noticed that our eclipse plugins depend on different eclipse
version, would it be an advantage to only depend on one ?

I don't think there's any advantage.  What happens I think, is that
these jars are used to make the compile step work, but at runtime, these
jars are all "provided" by the particular Eclipse environment.
Yes, but maven downloads both versions of eclipse, using only
one version makes the initial build faster.

Jörn