Marshall Schor wrote:
Jukka Zitting wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 3:36 PM, Marshall Schor <m...@schor.com> wrote:
With this change, we can remove all references to a special Eclipse
repository location.  I'm in favor of this; what do others think?
Sounds good. Is there a reason why you use a version range instead of
one specific version?
The original reason I think is to allow different versions of Eclipse to
be used.  But, since this "provided", meaning that the jar is not
included, but instead comes from the Eclipse environment in which the
jar runs, I think it we could use just single versions.
Nevertheless, coding a version range here serves to document that the
intention is that the plugin "should" work within that version range.

I tried the following:

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32</groupId>
            <artifactId>x86</artifactId>
            <version>3.3.0</version>             <<<<<<<< Fails
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32</groupId>
            <artifactId>x86</artifactId>
            <version>3.2.9</version>             <<<<<<<< Fails
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32</groupId>
            <artifactId>x86</artifactId>
            <version>3.3.0-v3346</version>             <<<<<<<< Works
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>
Can you please commit the updated versions ?
Done.  Thanks for the reminder :-).  The main uimaj pom is updated to no
longer include the alternative Eclipse repo - now only maven "central"
repo and the incubator repositories are included.
Just tried to build UIMA on a fresh machine over at a friends place,
but it could not find various eclipse plugins. Does that has to do
with that change ?

Jörn