Jaroslaw Cwiklik wrote:
Initially this is exactly what I thought of doing. But we need finer level
of control. Dont want to be stuck in the AMQ send method until the broker
becomes available. Instead the code will silently retry connection
indefinitely similar to Spring Listener's waitUntilSuccessfull()
In our system we plan to use a Pure Master Slave
ActiveMQ Broker. In the case the Master fails the
clients just reconnect to the Slave.

More information can be found here:
http://activemq.apache.org/pure-master-slave.html

The broker URL for this configuration looks like this:
failover://(tcp://masterhost:61616,tcp://slavehost:61616)?randomize=false

If the code retires to connect it must be able to detect
that the broker is not available, maybe the send method
just throws an exception, which is then handled.
Does non-blocking sending in case of an error also work
if "failover" is used ?

Jörn