Jaroslaw Cwiklik wrote:
As I understand it, when you use failover around the AMQ URL and the named
broker(s) is/are not available, the send blocks. The latest AMQ release 5.3
has support for timeouts using this notation:

failover:(tcp://primary:61616)?timeout=3000

This is a new release that I have not tried yet. Besides, we are releasing
UIMA AS with AMQ 4.1.1 support and our code should be backwards compatible.
Having said that, I had problems with correct failover behaviour with 4.1.1
while 5.2 worked fine.
Ok, we use 5.3, so I will just add the timeout to the client (when this issue is closed)
and deployment descriptor.

Thanks,
Jörn