Hi all,
my initial need was to simply use UIMA as OSGI bundle so I looked at the
uimaj-as-osgi-runtime and uimaj-eclipse-runtime that seem to me very near to
what I deserve, they were fine except that (at the moment) I don't need the
UIMA-AS packages and the 'eclipse' label puzzled me a bit and actually, as
far as I can understand, the Eclipe plugin configurations in the
uimaj-eclipse-plugins POM are not needed for an OSGI environment.
So my first idea was only to do some crafting on uimaj-eclipse-runtime.

What I realized after Thilo's reply was that instead of having a unique UIMA
OSGI runtime artifact (bundle) with all the stuff inside we could make each
UIMA module (uimaj-core, uimaj-tools, uimaj-cpe, etc) a single bundle with
all its fine grain packages and resources.

If this should be the case we should provide alternative packagings
(jar/pear/bundle) to maintain compatibility with non-OSGI systems.
More over (for annotators) if we enable the bundle packaging then we need to
modify the tools that use pears i.e. the CVD to be able to load AEs also
from a bundle.

Thanks for your replies,
Cheers.
Tommaso