2010/1/29 Jörn Kottmann <kottm...@gmail.com>

> Taking this approach does not has a real advantage over the
> approach we have right now, in my opinion. Maybe you save a
> few KB storage on the server, if you do not deploy all the classes.
> But what else do you think we get ?

One thing that it would be useful is hot redeploying of only some of the
components of the distribution (annotators or other modules) instead of the
entire distribution.
I personally like the idea of going towards something a bit more
interoperable of our PEARs (that work pretty well indeed) but don't
misunderstand me, I'm not for a "we must fully convert to OSGI now", let's
put some ideas down and see if they are good.
So I think Marshall's point of putting a wiki page to collect all the pros
and cons is nice.
Cheers,
Tommaso