2010/3/25 Marshall Schor <m...@schor.com>

> Seems like a reasonable approach (caveat: I'm not really up-to-date with
> the use-cases).
>
> Is it possible to factor out any (i.e., most) of the felix bundle plugin
> configuration into the parent pom?

Good point Marshall.
I tried to do so but it seems the <configuration> tag cannot be defined
partially (something on the parent POM and something else inside the child
POM) so I thought using Maven properties could be a solution in order to
define some fixed values for <configuration> inside the parent POM.

Parent POM:
<properties>
    <import-package>org.apache.uima,*</import-package>
    <embed-dependency>*;scope=compile;inline=true</embed-dependency>
    <singleton>singleton:=true</singleton>
    <jre>J2SE-1.5</jre>
    <ext-api>true</ext-api>
    <buddy-policy>registered</buddy-policy>
    <nouses>true</nouses>
    <manifest-location>META-INF</manifest-location>
  </properties>

Inside the child POM only Export-package and Bundle-SymbolicName are
defined:
        <configuration>
          <manifestLocation>${manifest-location}</manifestLocation>
          <instructions>
            <_nouses>${nouses}</_nouses>
            <Export-Package>org.apache.uima.lucas.*</Export-Package>
            <Import-Package>${import-package}</Import-Package>
            <Embed-Dependency>${embed-dependency}</Embed-Dependency>

 <Bundle-SymbolicName>org.apache.uima.lucas;${singleton}</Bundle-SymbolicName>

<Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment>${jre}</Bundle-RequiredExecutionEnvironment>
            <Eclipse-ExtensibleAPI>${ext-api}</Eclipse-ExtensibleAPI>
            <Eclipse-BuddyPolicy>${buddy-policy}</Eclipse-BuddyPolicy>
          </instructions>
        </configuration>
..

Waiting for your comments about it.
Tommaso

P.S.:
In Apache Clerezza the AlchemyAPI and OpenCalais annotators are used at this
moment to enable auto tagging of resources.