On 12 Jan 2012, at 20:40, "Adrian Kennard" <uk...@e.gg> wrote:

> Good job IPv6 has been properly around and working for well over a
> decade now, and people with at least that length of experience running
> IPv6 in large networks (like JANET) are available.

In my former life I looked after AS1273 where the platform had IPv6 more than
ten years ago (thanks to a great team of engineers out of Munich) but even that
network is tiny in scale terms.

routed IPV6 has been around for a while yes. Firewalls, load balancers and
other network equipment has not and even still some of the IPV6 implementations
are not upto IPV4 production status. don't get me started on consumer equipment
- where V6 is a joke, even iOS on extended use has problems (atleast from my
own experience).

apples and pears at the end of the day.