On Wed, 2 May 2012, Steve Dyer wrote:

> If I play some copyright music to you over your telephone line and you
> listen I should be sued by the copyright holder and so should you.

Curious, how does the listener determine if the player has a licence from
the copyright holder to play that music over the telephone line, or not?
What crime has the listener committed, unless you are suggesting the
listener solicited the playing.  If that's the case, what crime has the
listener committed?

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks, Network Manager,
Information Services Directorate, University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in
Scotland, number SC015263.