> On 24 Mar 2015, at 21:40, Rod Beck <rod.b...@hibernianetworks.com> wrote:
>
> Let me display my ignorance. When I left telecom in 2011, most regions
> outside of London metro were expensive except for a few beaten down routes
> like London - Manchester which are as low as 1.000 GDP per month at the 10
> GigE level.

This hasn’t changed a great deal - no

> Has that changed? What would a 10 GigE wave cost from Brigton to London?

If you can find out please do let me know.  I might be interested :)

Nearly everyone I’ve spoken to either doesn’t have capacity, won’t sell the
fabric or wants to charge silly money …

The BDX is the first step towards making this more viable … and we’ve managed
to get some connectivity in for backhaul … this is of course a regional IX
rather than an extension of a London vPoP (at this stage at least)

The site opens officially at the end of May

Jon

—
Jon Morby
FidoNet - the internet made simple!