> https://github.com/jwbensley/Etherate

That looks great - definitely a useful alternative to iPerf when testing L2
circuits.  Thanks!

The main reason we’re looking for handheld testers is really just for
simplicity’s sake - for example we have had issues in the past where not all 1G
ethernet ports on laptops seem to be capable of a true 1G (especially on
Windows which is what all our engineers use).  From what I’ve seen, the testers
that the likes of Virgin Media use seem to provide a plethora of useful results
and can be operated by a monkey.  The main thing is that they #JustWork - very
important with our field engineers, who are more process-driven than technical.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice on and off list.  I’ve got some ideas to
run with now.

Cheers

Charlie Boisseau
Fluency Communications