Hi

On 22/01/2016 21:18, James Bensley wrote:
It kind of depends on what you are seeing;

On the CPE are you seeing the line in sync? Assuming you are, are you
seeing authentication requests from the BRAS node? Again I assume yes.

Line in sync, no PPP.  No auth requests at all seen at our end.

If your provider is not BT for example, and say a VAR or reseller of
BT for example, it's possible BT haven't added your realm to the line
because your reseller hasn't asked them to, or they have asked them to
and so BT haven't done it, or your realm is on that line and the
reseller isn't forwarding the realm correctly to you, and so on and so
forth. In this case it’s another layer of complexity/faults.

This is what we have. Something is probably breaking in that layer - but we don't know what.

I was hoping to be able to verify this ourselves, so the support ticket could say "We have sync but no auth. We've checked and the realm foo.co.uk isn't going to you, which is why we can't authenticate" rather than just saying "We have sync but no auth".

Hopefully I'll get someone with clue when I speak to them on Monday!

Paul.