To take this thread full circle...

On 13 January 2016 at 10:43, Alistair C <uk...@imf2000.org> wrote:
> This appears to have thrown up an interesting problem in so far that turning
> to integrated devices such as the Cisco 887VA-M  or Cisco 897 which are
> "approved and certified for use with BT GEA/FTTC and compliant with SIN498",
> do not appear to support q-in-q across the VDSL ethernet interface.

Turns out they do, I didn't have one to hand. I logged onto a remote
887VA-M, it didn't *seem* to work. Someone else had an 897, this is
now live and working:

interface Ethernet0
 no ip address
!
interface Ethernet0.400
 encapsulation dot1Q 101 second-dot1q 400
 ip vrf forwarding test
 ip address 1.1.1.2 255.255.255.252
!
interface Ethernet0.401
 encapsulation dot1Q 101 second-dot1q 401
 ip vrf forwarding test-2
 ip address 2.2.2.2 255.255.255.252

Cheers,
James.