On 3 February 2016 at 11:43, James Bensley <jwbens...@gmail.com> wrote:

> To take this thread full circle...
>
> On 13 January 2016 at 10:43, Alistair C <uk...@imf2000.org> wrote:
> > This appears to have thrown up an interesting problem in so far that
> turning
> > to integrated devices such as the Cisco 887VA-M  or Cisco 897 which are
> > "approved and certified for use with BT GEA/FTTC and compliant with
> SIN498",
> > do not appear to support q-in-q across the VDSL ethernet interface.
>

> Turns out they do, I didn't have one to hand. I logged onto a remote
> 887VA-M, it didn't *seem* to work. Someone else had an 897, this is
> now live and working

Yes, Cisco confirmed it working with the 897 this morning, does not appear
to work with the 887VA-M with a recent IOS, buyer beware.

(config-subif)#encapsulation dot1Q 101 sec?

% Unrecognised command"

Zhone VDSL2 routers in bridge mode, running the latest firmware, also
appear to work well as a drop in replacement for the BT VDSL2 modems, for
those who need VLAN trunking on other devices.
--
Alistair Cockeram