> Den 2. aug. 2017 kl. 18.22 skrev Charlie Boisseau
> <charlie.boiss...@commsworld.com>:
>
> We have five or six hundred SRX220 units out in the wild doing DHCP (around
> 400 of these doing DHCP relay) and haven’t seen notable issues.  Not sure
> what version we’re on, but seems to be stable.  We have only just started
> using the 300s but don’t expect them to differ.  Hopefully this isn’t a new
> issue with the 300s.

The 220’s have rock solid DHCP server and relay. The 300’s do not support that
DHCP server, only the modern subscriber management server and helper. The
modern server does have one major advantage: It supports routing-instances.
However, the disadvantage of not actually managing to serve leases or relay
packets renders that advantage somewhat moot.

Note: The modern DHCP server mostly works in one specific case, where you have
precisely one DHCP pool on the box, with the DHCP server only attached to one
interface. That way the server cannot get confused by seeing the same MAC
address on multiple subnets. The relay agent is another story, it isn’t
reliable even in that case.

/Benny