I was using a 887 a while back and had lots of similar issues. I think the VDSL
chipset on its not great on it. I can’t remember if you can use one of the
Ethernet points and then use another modem to see if that makes a difference.

Cheers,
Neil.

On 22/05/2019, 09:57, "uknof on behalf of Tom Storey"
<uknof-boun...@lists.uknof.org.uk<mailto:uknof-boun...@lists.uknof.org.uk> on
behalf of t...@snnap.net<mailto:t...@snnap.net>> wrote:

Hi all, wondering if anyone has come across this and knows how to fix it.

I have a Cisco 887VA at home, hooked up to a BT supplied VDSL line (cabinet at
end of street), what I believe is called "fibre", but my ISP is Zen.

Ive noticed that very consistently after about a week (7-8 days), forwarding
partially breaks in some way. Im not sure if it is the Cisco or something
somewhere else, but I didnt have the same issue with the Zen supplied FritzBox,
so seems coincidental that it is the Cisco...

The biggest thing I have noticed is that DNS seems to break. e.g. I could have
an audio stream playing, and it will continue to stream just fine, but you wont
be able to browse or resolve any other hostnames. I can also still ping
anything by IP just fine.

I have a friend that is working for a managed service provider who has an
installed base of these routers and says they are also working on much the same
issue.

If anyone has any suggestions, Im all ears!

Thanks
Tom