Maybe all UDP?

Sent from my iPhone

On 22 May 2019, at 14:13, Tom Storey <t...@snnap.net<mailto:t...@snnap.net>>
wrote:

Hey James,

controller VDSL 0
 operating mode vdsl2
 firmware filename flash:VA_A_39m_B_38h3_24h_o.bin
 modem UKfeature
!

This particular image was recommended to me by someone that is a bit more
familiar with BT last mile access than I am.

IOS itself is down somewhere in the 15.6's. My usual response to wierd
behaviour is to try upping the IOS version and see if it goes away. That is
what I intend to try next - as soon as I can get my hands on a more recent
image. Seems strange that the modem would prevent DNS from working though?

Tom

On Wed, 22 May 2019 at 13:29, James Bensley
<jwbens...@gmail.com<mailto:jwbens...@gmail.com>> wrote:
On Wed, 22 May 2019 at 09:48, Tom Storey
<t...@snnap.net<mailto:t...@snnap.net>> wrote:

> Hi all, wondering if anyone has come across this and knows how to fix it.
>
> I have a Cisco 887VA at home, hooked up to a BT supplied VDSL line (cabinet
> at end of street), what I believe is called "fibre", but my ISP is Zen.
>
> Ive noticed that very consistently after about a week (7-8 days), forwarding
> partially breaks in some way. Im not sure if it is the Cisco or something
> somewhere else, but I didnt have the same issue with the Zen supplied
> FritzBox, so seems coincidental that it is the Cisco...
>
> The biggest thing I have noticed is that DNS seems to break. e.g. I could
> have an audio stream playing, and it will continue to stream just fine, but
> you wont be able to browse or resolve any other hostnames. I can also still
> ping anything by IP just fine.
>
> I have a friend that is working for a managed service provider who has an
> installed base of these routers and says they are also working on much the
> same issue.
>
> If anyone has any suggestions, Im all ears!
>
> Thanks
> Tom

Hi Tom,

On some of these smaller CPEs you can upgrade the modem firmware
seperatly from the IOS image. Are you running latest and greatest
modem firmware as well as IOS?

Cheers,
James.