Multicast has saved us hundreds of millions of pounds in delivering lTV which
is still a substantially huge amount of traffic. The complexity is minimal and
if done right saves you money to the last mile (which is the same cost for
unicast in any case).

The question that’s hard to answer is when does linear die? Too many of the
current content providers are tied to linear and will be for some time and with
the direction of freeing up radio spectrum multicast will have a huge part in
solving that problem.