A long way of saying, I don't agree that the fear of "never being
acquired" is a reason for a company to delay their adoption & use of IPv6.

The acquisition problem is overlapping RFC1918 space - and/or running
out in the new larger combined entity. I know people who've implemented
nested NAT and split horizon DNS so that each aqcuired company has a
different view of their internal RFC1918 space with their internal
services being on different RFC1918 IPs depending on which part of the
building you're in.

We're a little company using small amounts of RFC1918, but when we
acquired BHost we still couldn't join their management LAN in a sensible
fashion, fortunately all the servers had v6 so we ignored it and moved
management to v6. Far far quicker.

192.168.0.0/16 is home DSL, and your DMZ, and your other DMZ and your
VPN endpoint....

If your acquired company has it's internal network on globally unique v6
space it's all a bit easier.

Pete

--
Pete Stevens