Hello!

We have several models of IBM ThinkCentre machines.  With a 4.8 linuxboot
ISO, every one of them boots fine.  However, with a 4.9 beta or SVN trunk
compiled ISO, one of the models gives us an Oops while trying to load
storage modules.

The machine is an IBM ThinkCentre S50 (8183).  It uses an Intel 865G
chipset.  Detailed specs here:
http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-51266

During boot, the CD logs into the network and mounts the install share
fine.  Then it starts to load mass storage drivers and creates the Oops. I
can't exactly cut-and-paste from the machine, but here's some of the error
messages(from dmesg).  I did not include the backtrace:  typing that by
hand is not exactly fun; if someone thinks it would help, please let me
know.

SCSI subsystem initialized
libata version 3.00 loaded
ata_piix 0000:00:1f.:1 version 2.13
ata_piix 0000:00:1f.1: enabling devices (0005 -> 0007)
BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at ffff9000
IP: [<c0113136>] ioapic_write_entry+0x36/0x70
Oops: 0002 [#1]
last sysfs file: /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1e.0/0000:03:0b.0/class
Modules linked in: ata_piix(+) libata scsi_mod nls_iso8859_1 cifs e1000
usbhid ehci_hcd uhci_hcd usbcore

I'm at a loss as to where to go from here.  I have a linuxboot build
system ready to go to test this further, so any suggestions you could give
me would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Timothy J. Massey

Out of the Box Solutions, Inc.