Pierre Bourgin <pierre.bour...@free.fr> wrote on 04/29/2011 01:41:44 AM:

> Le 29/04/2011 00:25, Juanjo Pablos a écrit :
> > El 28/04/11 23:41, Timothy J Massey escribió:
> >>

> >> I'm at a loss as to where to go from here.  I have a linuxboot build
> >> system ready to go to test this further, so any suggestions you could
> >> give me would be greatly appreciated!
>
> a kernel panic !
>
> It *may* be related to a strange BIOS; I used to have weird problems
> with old IBM PC beacuse of memory allocation of BIOS and related
> informations.
> Do you have the BIOS latest version ?

Yes.  And reset to factory defaults.  And again:  Unattended boot disk 4.8
works fine.

> > I have just update a bit the kernel. I do not think that it would make
> > different but it worth a try.
> >
> > could you lspci the machine so we can know witch device are
havingproblems.

> he won't be able to do that until the kernel panic will have been
> resolved ;-)

Actually, if lspci is on the CD, I can:  I can <ALT>-F2 to another console
window and run commands.  That's how I got the output from dmesg.

> > Maybe update to *2.6.38.4 can help*

Tried the CD that Juanjo suggested:  *exact* same failure.  Same memory
address, same traceback, etc.

Timothy J. Massey

Out of the Box Solutions, Inc.
Creative IT Solutions Made Simple!