Le 02/05/2011 19:04, Timothy J Massey a écrit :
> Juanjo Pablos <jua...@apertus.es> wrote on 04/28/2011 06:25:36 PM:
>
>  > El 28/04/11 23:41, Timothy J Massey escribió:
>  > >
>  > >
>  > > I'm at a loss as to where to go from here. I have a linuxboot build
>  > > system ready to go to test this further, so any suggestions you could
>  > > give me would be greatly appreciated!
>  > ok.
>  > I have just update a bit the kernel. I do not think that it would make a
>  > different but it worth a try.
>  >
>  > could you lspci the machine so we can know witch device are having
> problems.
>
> Certainly: appended at end of e-mail. As systems go, this is pretty
> clean and straightforward: *all* Intel devices.
>
>  > Maybe update to *2.6.38.4 can help*
>
> The ISO you gave me to test failed in *exactly* the same way: same
> memory address, same panic, etc. For the record, the CD you gave me to
> download was over twice as big as the one I compiled. For comparison:
>
> Unattended 4.8 linuxboot.iso: 25MB
> Unattended 4.9-beta SVN compiled: 28MB
> Download test version: 130MB

Because it contains many modules/ for different kernels : building
without cleaning first ;-)

$ cpio -it < iso/isolinux/initrd | egrep -e "lib/modules/[0-9.]*$"
lib/modules/2.6.36.3
lib/modules/2.6.37.3
lib/modules/2.6.36
lib/modules/2.6.38.1
lib/modules/2.6.35.8
lib/modules/2.6.35.9
lib/modules/2.6.38.4
lib/modules/2.6.37

> But it "functioned" (failed) exactly the same. However, like I said, the
> 4.8 CD works correctly.

It's rather strange.
what kind of hard drive do you have ? SATA or IDE/PATA ?

I remember had to deal with ATA/SATA/AHCI BIOS settings, in order to
choose the way the IDE/SATA controller had to be "announced" by the BIOS.

Which settings the BIOS offers you related to it ?
Can you try the different settings around it ?

Pierre