Michael Kahle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Let me make sure I understand.  Your modified script somehow uses a
> particular winxpoem store based on which serial number works with
> the setupp.ini in a particular store?  Or does the script modify the
> PID entry in the setupp.ini file before it starts the install?
> Interesting...

No, it just computes the ProductKey and ComputerName values by looking
up the particular machine in a spreadsheet which I maintain by hand.
(I need such a spreadsheet anyway, so this is no extra burden.)

Computing the OS_dir (installation media) as well would be an easy
addition.

In my case, I begin by prompting for a hardware "asset tag".  This is
a local concept which identifies the particular machine.  Shad's
version uses the MAC address, so there is no prompting involved.

And these are not modified scripts; they are just Z:\site\config.pl
files.  I should have time this weekend to get some examples up on the
Web site or on this list.

 - Pat