----- Original Message -----
From: "Russell Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> This is a helpful and useful Idea, however I'm not 100% sure making it
default
> is easiest/best.  Having a set of configs that people can just copy in to
> make things work would probably be helpful.  But Others, like myself will
> want to mix and match.

The way the sample-config.pl that I wrote is just an extension to the
questions that already exists.  If any of the fields are blank or it can't
find a record with matching MAC then it falls back to the question.  This
makes it so you don't loose any functionality but gain the ability to to have
lookup tables.  If we integrate this into the default behavior I would assume
that it would behave similar.  Also by integrating it into the base
distribution, if you don't like the behavior you can still override it by
writing your own config.pl like you have done.  Personally I don't see this
changing anyones installation but will give the ability to manage entries to
those that aren't comfortable writing perl.

-Shad