On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:51 am, Patrick J. LoPresti wrote:
> The question is whether to leave this as an example or to make it (or
> something like it) the default.

There appears to be a larger number of options that people want to support
each day.  If we have 10 different options for people to choose about how
they store their data, which one should be default?

I assume this is sort of where you question is going Patrick.  This is why I
still think you are better off leaving the default as answering the
questions.  Create information in the documentation about how to copy
config-sql.pl, or config-txt.pl to config.pl.  And what information you have
to supply in the relevant files.  This will mean people don't need to know
how to use perl, just how to copy files :)

I've found 2 bits that are hard with unattended;

1. Getting all the apps going by themselves
2. Getting it all to boot by itself, not user intervention (Spreadsheet, PXE)

<Thinking out loud gabble>
Usually people will want to sort out applications before worrying about how
the machine boots, because they will be there testing everything.  But then
again, maybe they don't want to answer questions while doing that.
</Thinking out loud gabble>

So with a number of options arising, SQL, LDAP, txt, csv.  My thoughts are
that people can just copy the relevant file over config.pl if so desired.

Regards

Russell Smith.