I dont know why I would want to have serial console boots to all of our 300 client machines on site? But I do think moding the defaults pxelinux file may be the trick im lookin for. will need a few layers of scripts though to get the control im lookin for.

this is what i want:

- if client box is on - send shutdown cmd
- send wol to client box
(having all clients set to boot pxe before hd)
- pxe boot should check to see if it should do install, if so - cool, else exit to next boot dev
- at this point its either installing or booting normally

can it be done? scripted? db needed? ---- how do I get pxelinux to look for an install flag for each systems mac addy? or some other type of "do install" flag?

thx
-sp

Jordan Share wrote: