Hey All,

Admittedly I haven't worked seriously on unattended since I got it up
and running about 5 years ago. It just works I had to move from some
form of dos for the boot-loader to linux to accommodate a larger
image size but that was years ago.

On Mar 5, 2009, at 10:08 PM, Chip Panarchy wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have some ideas, which I am sure that others would benefit from.

I'm sure that is true, if you could enumerate your ideas others can
respond.

> My
> ideas should thoroughly streamline the Unattended project. Here are
> the comparisons, between what it currently is, and what it would look
> like when streamlined.

Streamline isn't really an implementation detail it may be more of a
process and ones concept of streamlined could easily be another
person's idea of broken.

> ####################
> ===================
> ####################
>
> 1___________________
> Current script file;
>
> CHOICE /C:YN /T:N,5 Override bootdisk defaults (if unsure, say yes)
> if errorlevel 2 goto gotcreds
> echo Enter location of install share (default %Z_PATH%):
> nset INPUT=$0
> if not %INPUT%. == . set Z_PATH=%INPUT%
> echo Enter username for mapping install share (default %Z_USER%):
> nset INPUT=$0
> if not %INPUT%. == . set Z_USER=%INPUT%
> echo Enter password for mapping install share (default %Z_PASS%):
> nset INPUT=$0
> if not %INPUT%. == . set Z_PASS=%INPUT%
> set INPUT=
>
> 2_______________________
> Streamlined script file;
>
> CHOICE /C:YNX /T:N /X:P,5 Override bootdisk defaults (if unsure,
> say yes)
> # Note: This should make the when typing X, it should go to FreeDOS
> prompt.
>
> Computer_Name=
> Server_Name=
> Share_Name=
> User_Name=
> Password=
> #########################
> # All others under here #
> #########################
>
> 1_______________
> Current prompts;
>
> Override bootdisk defaults (if unsure, say yes) Y/N:
> Enter location of install share:
> Enter username for mapping install share:
> Enter password for mapping install share:
>
> 2______________________
> Fully Featured prompts;
>
> Override bootdisk defaults (if unsure, say yes) Y/N/X:
> Please enter computer name: #
> Please enter Server name: #
> Please enter Share name: #
> Please enter User name: #
> Please enter Password: #
> Confirm Password: #
>
> ####################
> ====================
> ####################
>
> Please try and streamline your project in the aforementioned way.

I don't understand what you are saying or how it may effect my
environment if at all. I do networking booting of all my managed
clients and never enter any of that info. If you could please
elaborate on what is going on that would be great.

Things I would like to see is a definition of the problem,
description of how the changes proposed fix the problem, and finally
other effected areas that may be effected.

Thanks,

Ben